Thursday, March 24, 2016

Art Teacher in Hong Kong

In addition to my virtual field trip, I've managed to connect with an art teacher in Hong Kong. Her name is Kelsey Long (@KLong_Art) and she teaches at the American International School in Hong Kong. She only just replied to my tweet today, so I've introduced myself and explained my coursework, and I've asked her to share with me some information about what her life is like as a teacher in Hong Kong. I've also told her that my hope is that when I manage to find another teaching job, that we could have our classes connect via Skype or some other technology to work together on a project. 

One possibility for a future project is the Joining Our Worlds Project. That is a Global Learning Project that uses art portraits and communication skills to teach K-4 students how to appreciate diversity, and develop respect and appreciation for everyone. The kids utilize Google Slides and Google Hangouts to help connect, share, and discuss their projects, and they can learn some valuable digital citizenship and communication skills in the process. I've bookmarked that site in hopes that I can use it in the future. Or it may inspire me to do something similar once I'm teaching again, and I'm excited by the possibility. So we'll just have to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! :)